Saturday 22 July 2017

Eden Court and holidays.............

Last night tonight ! One glorious final show and then off on holiday. It went so well last night, the whole busy stage flowed with an easy rhythm, and yet again I had the comments I was hoping for i.e. I didn't know where to look, there was so much going on !

I love Patience but it isn't one of the strongest of the operas and in fact was something of a flop until Oscar Wilde joined the troop and did much publicity for it. The language is hard to understand but that trade mark Gilbert and Sullivan humour shines through. Making a very busy stage screens out some of the weaker sections and adds more interest than perhaps that moment might have naturally !

The suitcase stands packed, the drive to Inverness will be gorgeous, when I dropped Gretel off at her swanky hotel down the road with Janet and Craig my car thermometer was registering in the middle twenties centigrade. Unheard of on Paradise generally.

Onwards and upwards, blogs from Nordic countries will be next for my readers.

Ah.............



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A domestic few days away preparing for next week..........Yorkshire Song School !

I just had a lovely, if fleeting visit to Sussex to see the family, and most enjoyable it was too. I flew on the early morning plane to Gatw...